Trail-Way Speedway Friday May 11, 2012 Race Release
Sat. May 12, 2012 600, 270, Scramble Cars, Central PA Legends Cars, Strictly Stocks, and Scramble Cars (Gates open at 4:30 PM, Racing at 6:30 PM)
Fri. May 18, 2012 358 Sprints, Extreme Stocks, and Limited Stocks (Gates open at 5:30 PM, Racing at 7:30 PM) [Fantasy Fan Contest]
Sat. May 19, 2012 600, 270, Scramble Cars, Strictly Stocks, and Limited Stocks (Gates open at 4:30 PM, Racing at 6:30 PM)
For Immediate Release May 11, 2012
JACOB ALLEN SIXTH WINNER IN AS MANY RACES IN TRAIL-WAY “358” SPRINTS;
PAT BEARD CLAIMS “358” LATE MODEL FEATURE;
SCOTT HOUDESHELL BEST OF LEGENDS; TERRY HARTLAUB LIMITED STOCK WINNER
Hanover, PA (05/11/12) – In a wild feature that went 21 laps before the only caution flag of the race came out, Jacob Allen became the leader when Shane Hoff dropped to the infield on lap 12 and drove to his first Trail-Way win of the year in the “358” sprint car feature Friday night.
“That was an awesome race!” exclaimed Allen upon exiting his Rich Fogle Custom Pole Buildings/Penske Shocks/Speedway 94 sprinter in victory lane, “I feel bad for Shane. I don’t know if I would have caught him.”
Allen became the sixth winner in as many races in the “358” sprint division at Trail-Way this year.
He started third and grabbed second from outside front row starter Rick Horn on the opening lap. He followed Hoff the next 11 laps as the leaders raced through heavy lapped traffic.
Polesitter Hoff dove to the infield off turn four of lap 12, handing the lead to Allen. For the next nine additional non-stop laps, Ryan Wilson, Mike Bittinger, and Austin Hogue battled for second right behind Allen.
“I’ve never driven through lapped traffic like that before,” said Allen, “That was so fun!”
Allen scored his first win without father Bobby Allen in the pits.
“I can’t wait to call Dad,” added Allen, “Those who help (nephew) Logan (Schuchart) are also helping me. This is so cool!”
The only caution came out for Bittinger, who spun in turns one and two.
Allen held all challengers at bay for the remaining four laps, crossing .85 seconds in front of Wilson, with 12th-starting Hogue finishing third, 10th-starting Kyle Moody fourth, and 11th-starting Cris Eash fifth. Sixth through tenth were Keith Prutzman, Tim Wagaman, Randy Whisler, Zach Euculano, and Wes Irwin.
Heats for the 24 “358” sprinters were won by Jeff Rohrbaugh (who dropped from the field on the first lap with mechanical problems), Wilson, and Whisler.
Pat Beard led every lap of the 25-lap “358” late model feature. He started on the outside of the front row and took the lead from polesitter Kevin Palmer entering the first turn.
From there, he held off the race-long challenges of fourth-starting Cam Zeigler.
Third through fifth were Travis Mease, hard charger Gene Knaub (who started tenth), and Grant Adams. Completing the top ten were Larry Baer, John Baker, Randy Stoudt, Bernie Beard, and Bobby Beard.
Heats for the 19 “358” late models were won by Carl Billet, Zeigler, and Bernie Beard.
Scott Houdeshell started on the pole and led wire-to-wire in the 20-lap Central PA Legends feature.
There was good racing in behind, with Tim Henry crossing second, followed by Lucas Montgomery, Scott Gobrecht, and Bob Stough.
Heats for the 20 Legends were won by Montgomery and Chris McKinney.
Terry Hartlaub came from sixth starting spot to take the lead from polesitter and race-long leader Nick McDaniel and claim the win in the 15-lap limited stock feature.
McDaniel dropped from the field while running fifth four laps later.
Cory Weishaar crossing second, with Kyle Rohrbaugh completing an amazing run in third.
Rohrbaugh and Ryan Smith collided and ended up against the outside wall on the first lap, and Rohrbaugh came from 23rd starting spot.
Heats for the 25 limited stocks were won by Ricky Weaver, Jr., Weishaar, and Shane Miller, with Chad Weaver taking the consolation event.
Tomorrow (5/5), Trail-Way Speedway will host the 600cc and 270cc Micro Sprints. Also on the schedule are the Central PA Legends Cars, Scramble Cars, and Strictly Stocks. Gates open at 4:30 p.m. and racing begins at 6:30 p.m.
Next Friday (5/18), Trail-Way Speedway will host the 358 Sprint Cars, Extreme Stocks, and Limited Stocks. It is also a Fantasy Fan Contest night. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and racing begins at 7:30 p.m.
Next Saturday (5/19), Trail-Way will host the 600cc and 270cc Micro Sprints. Also on the schedule are the Limited Stocks, Scramble Cars, and Strictly Stocks. Gates open at 4:30 p.m. with racing beginning at 6:30 p.m.
For all the latest news and related information from Trail-Way Speedway, fans are reminded to visit the speedway website at www.trail-wayspeedway.com. The complete story and agate from each race night is posted shortly after the final checkered falls.
358 Sprint Cars
Feature (25 Laps)
1. 1A-Jacob Allen; 2. 29-Ryan Wilson; 3. 52-Austin Hogue; 4. 99M-Kyle Moody; 5. 17E-Cris Eash; 6. 28-Keith Prutzman; 7. 1-Tim Wagaman; 8. 64-Randy Whisler; 9. 10-Zach Euculano; 10. 9-Wes Irwin; 11. 11D-Mike Duncan, Jr.; 12. 7C-J.B. Cunningham; 13. 5A-Brian Allman; 14. 12-Mike Bittinger; 15. 80M-Rocky Magaro; 16. 90-Jordan Givler; 17. 66B-Cory Brockman; 18. 55-Matthew Krause; 19. 89-Ashley Cappetta; 20. 01-Rick Horn(DNF); 21. 99-Joe Trone, Jr.(DNF); 22. 69-Shane Hoff(DNF); 23. 45-Jeff Rohrbaugh(DNF); DNS: J.B. Cunningham. No Time.
Lap Leaders- Shane Hoff (1-11), Jacob Allen (12-25).
Heat 1 (8 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 45-Jeff Rohrbaugh; 2. 69-Shane Hoff; 3. 1-Tim Wagaman; 4. 01-Rick Horn; 5. 99-Joe Trone, Jr.; 6. 5A-Brian Allman; 7. 11D-Mike Duncan, Jr.; 8. 80M-Rocky Magaro. No Time.
Heat 2 (8 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 29-Ryan Wilson; 2. 12-Mike Bittinger; 3. 52-Austin Hogue; 4. 1A-Jacob Allen; 5. 9-Wes Irwin(DNF); 6. 89-Ashley Cappetta(1 lap down); 7. 55-Matthew Krause(1 lap down); 8. 20-Trevor Little (DNF). No Time.
Heat 3 (8 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 64- Randy Whisler; 2. 28-Keith Prutzman; 3. 17E-Cris Eash; 4. 99M-Kyle Moody; 5. 10-Zach Euculano; 6. 66B-Cory Brockman; 7. 90-Jordan Givler; 8. 7C-J.B. Cunningham(DNF). No Time.
358 Late Models
Feature (25 Laps)
1. 7-Pat Beard; 2. 21Z-Cam Zeigler; 3. 116-Travis Mease; 4. 1-Gene Knaub; 5. 64-Grant Adams; 6. 0-Larry Baer; 7. 21J-John Baker; 8. NINE-Randy Stoudt; 9. 67-Bernie Beard; 10. 81S-Bobby Beard; 11. 20-Steve Billet; 12. 15-Kris Eaton; 13. 99X-Kevin Palmer; 14. 76-Bob Bare; 15. 121-Larry Neiderer; 16. 2-Carl Billet(DNF); 17. 25-Sam Gallagher(DNF); DNS: 26-Ron Coleman; U10-Coleby Frye. No Time.
Lap Leaders- Pat Beard (1-20).
Heat 1 (10 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 2-Carl Billet; 2. 7-Pat Beard; 3. NINE-Randy Stoudt; 4. 1-Gene Knaub; 5. 20-Steve Billet; 6. 25-Sam Gallagher; DNS: U10-Coleby Fry. Time 2:46.19.
Heat 2 (10 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 21Z-Cam Zeigler; 2. 21J-John Baker; 3. 116-Travis Mease; 4. 0-Larry Baer; 5. 81S-Bobby Beard; 6. 121-Larry Neiderer. Time 2:41.12.
Heat 3 (10 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 67-Bernie Beard; 2. 64-Grant Adams; 3. 15-Kris Eaton; 4. 99X-Kevin Palmer; 5. 76-Bob Bare; DNS: 26-Ron Coleman . Time 2:42.10.
Central PA Legends Cars
Feature (20 Laps)
1. 5-Scott Houdeshell; 2. 94T-Tim Henry; 3. 15-Lucas Montgomery; 4. 44-Scott Gobrecht; 5. 07-Robert Stough; 6. 53-Bill Diehl; 7. 3M-Chris McKinney; 8. 79-Ed Trump; 9. 13-Jacob Feltch; 10. 49-John Hall; 11. 4-Shane Glatfelter; 12. 85-Chad Earnst; 13. 09-Chris Spidle; 14. 21-Greg Burd; 15. 55-Greg Martz; 16. 76-Randy Minich; 17. 86-Dave Miller; 18. 38-Richard Miller(DNF); 19. 9-Rick Hartwig(DNF); 20. 2-Brent Marquis(DNF). No Time.
Lap Leaders- Scott Houdeshell (1-20).
Heat 1 (8 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 15-Lucas Montgomery; 2. 5-Scott Houdeshall; 3. 07-Robert Stough; 4. 38-Richard Miller; 5. 4-Shane Glatfelter; 6. 2-Brent Marquis; 7. 13-Jacob Feltch; 8. 79-Ed Trump; 9. 55-Greg Martz; 10. 86-Dave Miller. Time 2:40.50.
Heat 2 (8 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 3M-Chris McKinney; 2. 21-Greg Burd; 3. 44-Scott Gobrecht; 4. 53-Bill Diehl; 5. 94T-Tim Henry; 6. 09-Chris Spidle; 7. 49-John Hall; 8. 76-Randy Minich; 9. 85-Chad Earnst; 10. 9-Rick Hartwig. Time 2:41.63.
Friday Limited Stocks
Feature (15 Laps)
1. 92-Terry Hartlaub; 2. 37-Cory Weishaar; 3. 12-Kyle Rohrbaugh; 4. 39-Shane Miller; 5. 2-Chad Weaver; 6. 5-Daryl Hanson; 7. 96-Sarah Redmond; 8. 25-Allen Haines; 9. 69-Robbie Carroll; 10. 88-Justin Oberlin; 11. 17-Brian Blank, Jr.; 12. 29-Mike Wolf; 13. 16-Julio Perez; 14. 94-Kenny Startzman; 15. 55-Kory Shorb; 16. 10-Aaron Levin; 17. 13-John Shorb, Jr.; 18. 15-Nick McDaniel(DNF); 19. 3-Rod Weaver(DNF); 20. 38-Jason Chronister(DNF); 21. 21-Ricky Weaver, Jr.(DNF); 22. 59-Ryan Smith(DNF); 23. 00-Shawn Crunkilton(DNF); DNS: 01-Chelsea Weaver. No Time.
Lap Leaders- Nick McDaniel (1-7), Terry Hartlaub (8-15).
Heat 1 (6 Laps/6 to Qualify)
1. 21-Ricky Weaver, Jr.; 2. 12-Kyle Rohrbaugh; 3. 15-Nick McDaniel; 4. 59-Ryan Smith; 5. 10-Aaron Levin; 6. 88-Justin Oberlin; 7. 13-John Shorb, Jr.; 8. 29-Mike Wolf; 9. 2- ChadWeaver(DNF). Time 2:02.88.
Heat 2 (6 Laps/6 to Qualify)
1. 37-Cory Weishaar; 2. 00-Shawn Crunkilton; 3. 92-Terry Hartlaub; 4. 25-Allen Haines; 5. 16-Juilo Perez; 6. 01-Chelsea Weaver; 7. 96-Sarah Redmond(DNF); 8. 81-Matt Chronister(DNF). No Time.
Heat 3 (6 Laps/6 to Qualify)
1. ;39-Shane Miller 2. 5-Daryl Hanson; 3. 3-Rod Weaver; 4. 69-Robbie Carroll; 5. 38-Jason Chronister; 6. 94-Kenny Startzman; 7. 17-Brian Blank, Jr.; 8. 55- Kory Shorb(DNF). No Time.
Consi (6 Laps/6 to Qualify)
1. 2-Chad Weaver; 2. 17-Brian Blank, Jr.; 3. 29-Mike Wolf; 4. 96-Sarah Redmond; 5. 55-Kory Shorb; 6. 13-John Shorb, Jr.(DNF); 7. 81-Matt Chronister(DNF). No Time.
This article posted by Trail-Way Speedway. Click here for more track information.