Trail-Way Speedway Friday April 20, 2012 Race Release
Sat. April 21, 2012 600, 270, Scramble Cars, Strictly Stocks, and Saturday Limited Stocks (Gates open at 4:00 PM, Racing at 6:00 PM)
Fri. April 27, 2012 358 Sprints, Friday Limited Stocks, and Extreme Stocks (Gates open at 5:30 PM, Racing at 7:30 PM)
Sat. April 28, 2012 600, 270, Scramble Cars, Strictly Stocks, and Saturday Limited Stocks (Gates open at 4:00 PM, Racing at 6:00 PM)
For Immediate Release April 20, 2012
DEFENDING CHAMP ROHRBAUGH BACK IN VICTORY LANE AT TRAIL-WAY;
358 LATE MODEL FEATURE GOES TO GRANT ADAMS;
FURMAN WINS EXTREME STOCKS; ROD WEAVER TAKES LIMITED STOCKS
Hanover, PA (04/20/12) – Defending track champ Jeff Rohrbaugh kept a personal winning streak alive by leading wire-to-wire in the 25-lap 358 sprint car feature at Trail-Way Speedway Friday night.
“It’s nice to get a win early this year,” said Rohrbaugh upon exiting the Trone Outdoor Advertising/Pro-Mobile Alignment Specialists/L&R Auto Body/Valley Welding #45 in victory lane, “Last year it was August before we won.”
“I love racing here,” added Rohrbaugh, “It’s a great facility. I know Austin (Hogue) was closing at the end, but he would’ve had to wreck me to beat me.”
With the victory, Rohrbaugh has now won at Trail-Way in each year since 2004.
Handicapping placed Rohrbaugh on the pole for the start, and he and Hogue ran first and second the entire way. Although Hogue closed in lapped traffic over the final few laps, Rohrbaugh’s margin of victory was .63 seconds.
“I was a little worried about the lapped traffic,” added Rohrbaugh, “But I like the ‘old man groove’ and was staying on the bottom. Hogue tried to drive around the #45, but Rohrbaugh used the lapped car of Saturday night Lincoln winner Jacob Allen to block Hogue through turns one and two of the final lap.
Joe Trone, Jr. completed his best run of the year in third, with tenth-starting Kyle Moody and Tim Wagaman completing the top five. Rounding out the top ten were Wes Irwin, Keith Prutzman, Zach Euculano, Mike Bittinger, and Ryan Wilson.
Heats for the 20 “358” sprinters were won by Rohrbaugh and Rick Horn.
Grant Adams started on the outside of the front row and led every lap in claiming race two of the Precise Racing Products 358 late model series feature.
Steve Billet started on the pole and ran second every lap, with Tommy Slanker, opening night Lincoln winner Larry Baer, and hard-charger Bobby Beard (who started 12th) completing the top five.
Tenth-starting Gene Knaub and Tyler Armstrong made contact on the backstretch of lap 11. The caution came out for Armstrong, but the lapped car of Ron Coleman collided with the #1 of Knaub in turn four as the caution was waving. Knaub made hard contact with the outside wall and was done for the night.
Heats for the 17 “358” late models were won by Billet and Adams.
Dan Furman claimed his first win since racing the street stocks in the 20-lap Extreme Stock feature. He started on the pole and was never headed, crossing 1.22 seconds ahead of Timothy Hahn.
Jeremy Stremmel, Adam Smith, and Justin Mitchell rounded out the top five.
Heats for the 11 Extreme Stocks were won by Stremmel and Furman.
Rod Weaver came from eighth starting spot to win the 15-lap limited stock feature.
Weaver was the third different leader of the race.
Ricky Weaver, Jr. was still leading when sent to the pits with front suspension damage during an eighth-lap caution.
Shane Miller led the next two laps before pulling the infield and handing the lead over to Weaver on lap 10.
Daryl Hanson came from tenth starting spot to finish second, with 12th-starting Robbie Carroll third, 11th-starting Cory Weishaar crossing fourth, and 19th-starting Chad Weaver fifth.
Heats for the 21 limited stocks were won by Ricky Weaver, Jr. and Rod Weaver.
Tomorrow night (4/21), Trail-Way will host the 600cc and 270cc Micro Sprints, Scramble Cars, Limited Stocks and Strictly Stocks. Gates open at 4:00 p.m. with racing beginning at 6:00 p.m.
Next Friday (4/27), Trail-Way Speedway will host the 358 Sprint Cars, Extreme Stocks and Limited Stocks. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and racing begins at 7:30 p.m.
Next Saturday (4/28), Trail-Way will host the 600cc and 270cc Micro Sprints, Scramble Cars, Saturday Limited Stocks and Strictly Stocks. Gates open at 4:00 p.m. with racing beginning at 6:00 p.m.
For all the latest news and related information from Trail-Way Speedway, fans are reminded to visit the speedway website at www.trail-wayspeedway.com. The complete story and agate from each race night is posted shortly after the final checkered falls.
Feature (25 Laps)
1. 45-Jeff Rohrbaugh; 2. 52-Austin Hogue; 3. 99-Joe Trone, Jr.; 4. 99M-Kyle Moody; 5. 1-Tim Wagaman; 6. 9-Wes Irwin; 7. 28-Keith Prutzman; 8. 10-Zach Euculano; 9. 12-Mike Bittinger; 10. 29-Ryan Wilson; 11. 50-Tim Berkheimer; 12. 7C-J.B. Cunningham; 13. 1A-Jacob Allen; 14. 17G-George Streaker, Jr.; 15. 89-Ashley Cappetta(DNF); 16. 64-Randy Whisler(DNF); 17. 01-Rick Horn(DNF); 18. 69-Shane Hoff(DNF); 19. 35-Steve Owings(DNF); DNS: 83-Alex Spalding. No Time.
Lap Leaders- Jeff Rohrbaugh (1-25).
Heat 1 (10 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 45-Jeff Rohrbaugh; 2. 53-Austin Hogue; 3. 9-Wes Irwin; 4. 12-Mike Bittinger; 5. 35-Steve Owings; 6. 28-Keith Prutzman; 7. 17G-Geroge Streaker, Jr.; 8. 89-Ashley Cappetta; 9. 7C-J.B. Cunningham(DNF); DNS: 83-Alex Spalding. No Time.
Heat 2 (10 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 01-Rick Horn; 2. 99M-Brian Moody; 3. 99-Joe Trone, Jr.; 4. 1-Tim Wagaman; 5. 10-Zach Euculano; 6. 29-Ryan Wilson; 7. 69-Shane Hoff; 8. 1A-Jacob Allen; 9. 50-Tim Berkheimer; DNS: 64-Randy Whisler. Time 2:24.88.
358 Late Models
Feature (25 Laps)
1. 64-Grant Adams; 2. 20-Steve Billet; 3. 100-Tommy Slanker; 4. 0-Larry Baer; 5. 81J-Bobby Beard; 6. 116-Travis Mease; 7. 21J-John Baker; 8. 11-Tyler Armstrong; 9. 7-Pat Beard; 10. 21Z-Cam Ziegler; 11. 25-Sam Gallagher; 12. 76-Bob Bare; 13. 1-Gene Knaub(DNF); 14. 26-Ron Coleman(DNF); 15. 67-Bernie Beard(DNF); 16. 121-Larry Neiderer(DNF); DNS: 9-Matt Adams. No Time.
Lap Leaders- Grant Adams (1-25).
Heat 1 (10 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 20-Steve Billet; 2. 116-Travis Mease; 3. 100-Tommy Slanker; 4. 11-Tyler Armstrong; 5. 7-Pat Beard; 6. 0-Larry Baer; 7. 21J-John Baker; 8. 25-Sam Gallagher; 9. 26-Ron Coleman. No Time
Heat 2 (10 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 64-Grant Adams; 2. 1-Gene Knaub; 3. 81S-Bobby Beard; 5. 67-Bearnie Beard; 5. 121-Larry Neiderer; 6. 21Z-Cam Zeigler; 7. 9-Matt Adams; 8. 76-Bob Bare. No Time.
Feature (20 Laps)
1. 5M-Dan Furman; 2. 659H-Timothy Hahn; 3. 99-Jeremy Stremmel; 4. 42-Adam Smith; 5. 77-Justin Mitchell; 6. 51X-Tim Osheehan; 7. 3-Larry Landis; 8. 101-David Goode; 9. 32-Tom Hartman; 10. 7-Matt Johnson; 11. 74-Joe Racine(DNF). No Time.
Lap Leaders- Dan Furman (1-20).
Heat 1 (8 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 99-Jeremy Stremmel; 2. 74-Joe Racine; 3. 51X-Tim Osheehan; 4. 42-Adam Smith; 5. 101-David Goode; 6. 32-Tom Hartman. Time 2:45.57.
Heat 2 (8 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 5M-Dan Furman; 2. 659H-Timothy Hahn; 3. 3-Larry Landis; 4. 77-Justin Mitchell; 5. 7-Matt Johnson. Time 2:43.28.
Friday Limited Stocks
Feature (15 Laps)
1. 3-Rod Weaver; 2. 5-Daryl Hanson; 3. 69-Robbie Carroll; 4. 37-Cory Weishaar; 5. 3X-Chad Weaver; 6. 59-Ryan Smith; 7. 92-Terry Hartlaub; 8. 81-Matt Chronister; 9. 15-Nick McDaniel; 10. 96-Sarah Redmond; 11. 01-Chelsea Weaver; 12. 25-Allen Haines(DNF); 13. 39-Shane Miller(DNF); 14. 12-Kyle Rohrbaugh(DNF); 15. 17-Brian Blank, Jr.(DNF); 16. 21-Ricky Weaver, Jr.(DNF); 17. ;94-Kenny Startzman(DNF) 18. 38-Jason Chronister(DNF); 19. 16-Julio Perez(DNF); 20. 10-Aaron Levin(DNF); DNS: 29-Mike Wolf. No Time.
Lap Leaders- Ricky Weaver, Jr. (1-7), Shane Miller (8-9), Rod Weaver (10-15).
Heat 1 (6 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 21-Ricky Weaver, Jr.; 2. 39-Mike Wolf; 3. 25-Allen Haines; 4. 5-Daryl Hanson; 5. 15-Nick McDaniel; 6. 37-Cory Weishaar; 7. 12-Kyle Rohrbaugh; 8. 81-Matt Chronister; 9. 94-Kenny Startzman III; 10. 2-Chad Weaver(DNF); 11. 29-Mike Wolf(DNF). Time 2:03.38.
Heat 2 (6 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 3-Rod Weaver; 2. 17-Brian Blank, Jr.; 3. 92-Terry Hartlaub; 4. 96-Sarah Redmond; 5. 59-Ryan Smith; 6. 69-Robbie Carroll; 7. 10-Aaron Levin; 8. 16-Julio Perez; 9. 01-Chelsea Weaver; 10. 38-Jason Chronister. Time 2:08.00.
This article posted by Trail-Way Speedway. Click here for more track information.