Use this Button to SHARE this Fan's profile:
Hey Race Fans... Want YOUR OWN Racing Pages, too? CLICK HERE!
Hometown: Thornton, IL
Favorite Local Track: Plymouth
Other Tracks I Visit: Illiana, Grundy, Kankakee, MIS, Indy, Chicagoland, Angola,
Occupation: Retail Sales
Hobbies: golf, gardening, reading
Favorite Local Racer: Dave Weltmeyer
Favorite Professional Racer: Kyle Busch(for now--I change alot!)
Email Me: Send a Private Message to this User
I’ve Been A Racing Fan Ever Since… My parents took me to the Rex Mayes 150 in 1971. Not my first race, but the first one I have memories of attending.
I Love Racing Because… Speed, Teamwork, Excitement, Drama, Humor. Life at 200 mph!
The best race I have ever been to was… Too many good ones to just pick one. Almost any UMP Summernationals race, the first Brickyard 400, almost every IRL race at Chicagoland...
The worst crash I’ve ever seen in person was… A late model flip at Illiana during the 80's, at the start of the feature. I think #11, flipped 7-10 times in front of the whole field. The driver gets out and bows to the crowd.
My biggest ‘racing memory’ is… Dave Weltmeyer winning the ARCA/USAC race at Milwaukee in 1983. I felt like the only one in the crowd pulling for him.
I will watch almost any type of car race. I like many different tracks and try to add a new one to my list each year.(didn't make it in 2008). I've been to the following tracks:
Paved(16):Raceway Park, Milwaukee, Grundy, Illiana, Rockford, MIS, Madison, WIR, Rosemont Horizon, IRP, Indy, Chicago Motor Speedway, Chicagoland Speedway, New Paris, Plymouth, Angola
Dirt(8):Santa Fe, Sycamore, Kankakee, Wilmot, Crown Point, Shady Hill, RT. 66, I-94
- Each has its good and bad points, and I miss the ones nolonger around.
- I hate the lack of cooperation between nearby tracks.
- Most dirt tracks are run better than paved ones. One race off, the next right on the track.
- I hate intermissions!!! I understand the need at specials for lineups, but weekly tracks should keep the program moving!
- Many tracks have too many classes.
- Why do announcers wait until the cars are running to do lineups?
What do you think? Let me hear about it!!
None listed at this time.